Preparing a Brochure
The brochure for a CME activity must meet certain requirements stipulated by the ACCME.
The ACCME does not have any rules or requirements for name placement, brochure content, cover design,
interior layout or formatting. These elements are all left to the provider's discretion.
The only ACCME requirement is that the accreditation statement be used somewhere on the brochure.
NACE, however, requires joint sponsors to have the following information on a brochure:
- the educational objectives of the activity and the intended audience
- affiliations of all speakers, contributors, and planners
- a summary of the program purpose and need
- an agenda for the meeting (if live symposia)
- the amount of CME credits offered
- Accreditation Statement and Joint Sponsor Statement
- identification of commercial supporters
Include the following Accreditation Statements on all CME brochures:
Jointly Sponsored Activities
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the National Association for Continuing Education and (name of non-accredited provider). The National Association for Continuing Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The National Association for Continuing Education designates this educational activity for a maximum of [number of credits] AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.